The Magic City Brewfest couldn’t happen if it wasn’t for our small army of volunteers. Please consider joining us to spread the joy of craft beer to your community.
Because the 2021 Magic City Brewfest is a one-day event, we will no longer be able to offer a free ticket for the day you do not volunteer. However, we are committed to making your experience fun and enjoyable.
- A special Volunteer Session after the event on Saturday from about 8:10 PM to 9:30 PM.
- Special “Thank You” events in the weeks and months after the event. We have already secured a couple Green Shirt Happy Hours at Hop City Birmingham and Beer Hog!
- You do not have to be a member of Free the Hops to volunteer.
- Volunteering should not involve hard labor. Most of our volunteers serve beer to our guests.
- You will have FTH leaders, professional security, brewery representatives, and beer distributors to assist you. You really get to relax and have fun.
- Many of our volunteers return year after year. In fact, we often hear that people enjoy volunteering as much as attending the festival. We really want you to enjoy yourself and come back to volunteer next year.
- You must be 21 or older to volunteer. Bring a valid photo id with you when you check-in on your volunteer day.
- Volunteers must show up an hour before their scheduled session to be assigned.
- Volunteers agree to work the entire day they are volunteering plus the hour of orientation and assignment. There are no shifts.
- Volunteers may not consume alcohol while volunteering.